Continuing the underwater theme of my last post I've made another card with similar techniques. In this one I discovered that Seahorse Set and Spiral Shell go together really well. When designing them I didn't intentionally match their linework. A nice surprise! The seahorse looks like it's trying to camouflage...
I'm learning that the initial stamp design is just the beginning. The designs can be taken from there in any direction. To work with that flexibility I am also learning to leave space within the design for other people's input. It has to be finished enough that it looks good without embellishment but it also needs space for other people to interpret the design into their own style and vision. It's a great design challenge. Almost like a collaboration on a final piece that I may never see. I guess that's why I like to see what people make so much :) Ok... On to my card...
The background was made with Dylusions Ink Sprays and then a stencil from iStencil. I rubbed Distress inks - Chipped Sapphire - through it and then highlighted some of the shapes with Stickles. It was my first time using the colour Black Diamond and it turned out to have a really nice subtle shimmer to it.
Spiral Shell is Versa Fine black ink. When dry, I painted inside of the image with water and then used a paper towel to lift off some of the background colour. The insides of the designs were highlighted with white gel pen to help pop them out from the background.
Seahorse Set) was coloured with Tombow markers. I blended the colours with water and when dry I used the small tip to add little green dots along the middle segments and mouth. Final touches were done with a white gel pen.
It still seemed to need something so I made some "bubbles" with glossy accents coming out of the seahorse's mouth.
Thanks for stopping by! Wishing you all a great weekend :)