Here's another one from me. Two in a row! I'm on a roll ;) This card reminded me of a fish pond. It developed organically again. I had no idea I was going to add fish until the end.
For this one I followed my usual process. I'm really into layering in this order lately. Here are some rough steps...
- I started with Dylusions ink sprays
- Rubbed green distress ink through my Gingko stencil
- Coated the card with Golden - Regular Gel (Gloss). As I applied the gel I tapped the brush to give a different texture to the gel. You can see it in the light blue areas. Much different than brush strokes.
- When dry, I brushed white paint over the gel texture in certain areas of the card. It caught the ridges and made the patterns in the gel visible.
- I glazed over the white with light turquoise
- Over that, I used modeling paste through my Gingko stencil
- When dry, I set the stencil over top again and sponged on pearlescent paint. Makes a nice base for whatever colour you choose to add on top. In this case, the green has a bit of a shine to it from the layer below.
- The Koi Set stamps were stamped and then fussy cut from another sheet that I sprayed with orange and red Dylusions.
- I stuck them on with Golden - Regular Gel (Gloss) and then added some gold paint to the scales and eyes
- Last touch was adding some green beads here and there. Algae or eggs. Whatever. Just liked the effect and extra texture
If you've got any questions just let me know. I will try to respond either by email or by finding your blog to leave you an answer to your question. Sometimes it's tricky finding a way back to you. You can always write to me at email@example.com too.
Okay that's it for now.